Mar Yuhanna Marcus Church (St. John Mark Church)
Built in the 12th and 13th centuries, Mar Yuhanna Marcus Church was initially dedicated to Saint John, the Baptist. A semi-circular cupola was later added to the open-air baptistery that stands outside the church. During the 18th century, Emir Yousef Chehab offered it to members of Maronite Monastery, who renovated it. The church was restored a second time after being damaged by the British fleet in 1840. The bell tower was constructed in 1947.