The Saida War Cemetery
The Saida War Cemetery was opened in 1943 by units of British forces occupying Lebanon after the 1941 campaign. It was originally used for the burial of men who died while serving with the occupation force, but subsequently the graves of a number of the casualties of the 1941 campaign were moved into the cemetery from other burial grounds or from isolated positions in the vicinity.
The cemetery now contains 176 Commonwealth burials of the Second World War and nine war graves of other nationalities. It was designed by G. Vey.